Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How We Roll
- The library belongs to the teachers and students.
We purchase books for the library almost year round. If you have needs or suggestions for purchases, please complete this form.
- Our library is a learning space.
We promote reading and teach classes that are applicable across grade levels and content areas. We flexibly schedule classes bi-weekly by content area but you and your students are welcome any time. Please let me know in advance if you need to bring your entire class so we can make sure there is adequate seating available. Small groups may come from your class to work and use resources collaboratively. Please call ahead if sending more than 2 students to make sure we have room and computers available.
See our calendar here.
- We have technology! ebooks, mobile laptop carts, video cameras, document cameras, digital voice recorders, clickers, Mimio and Smart tablets.
- We use and teach technology! If you or your students need a quick lesson on basic computer skills or more advanced help with integrating technology, the use of web tools, podcasting or blogging, let us know.
- We are connected. We don't have everything or know everything, but we know how to find it! Just give us a little advanced notice to contact our PLN! You can even request materials from other libraries in the district by placing a Hold on those items while logged in to your Destiny account. (Your username is your employee id number (00####), your password is your last name.) Link to Destiny library catalog.
- We have print and digital resources that were selected just for your curriculum and grade level but also have access to materials for your lower and more advanced learners as well. Our online catalog, Destiny, is your portal to all things in the library. We will also be able to embed our resources into your Schoology courses.
- We want to help you plan a lesson or co-teach a research or project-based learning activity. Let us know how we can help.
Library Introduction Video
Library Documents and Files
You will receive a report of the students in your homeroom/enrichment classes with overdue books or fines every Monday. Please tell these students to return their library books as soon as possible. If you have talked to a student more than two times, please send them to see Mrs. Carswell.
Students coming to the library from your class need a hall pass. Please make sure the date and time are noted, along with the reason for their visit so we will make sure they do what you expect and return to class.